Welcome to our Facilitator Directory. The CEF community includes some of the most gifted and experienced facilitators of Creative Problem Solving, strategic planning, innovation, team building, change management, and more. Our online directory gives you access to a global network of best-in-class facilitators and trainers to help you deliver better outcomes by improving the effectiveness of your next meeting, session, workshop, conference or lab.
To be eligible to post on the Facilitator’s Database you must:
– Have been a Leader at the Creative Problem Solving Institute within the last three years.
– Be in good standing with the Creative Education Foundation.
All applications are reviewed before posting and final decisions about eligibility are determined by CEF.
- Subject Matter Expert / Speaker
- Effective Teams / Team Building
- Creativity in Education (training youth or educators)
- Meeting Facilitation
- Innovation Facilitation (New products; services)
- Strategic Planning
- Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Training Others in Creativity/Facilitation/CPS
- Business / Industrial
- Consumer Packaged Goods
- Development / Fundraising
- Fashion / Personal Care
- Financial Services
- Health / Medical
- Home & Property
- Human Resources / Organizational Development
- Internet / Social Media
- New Products & Services
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Tourism / Travel
- Other Industry
- CEF Member
- CPSI Presenter
Certified Professional Facilitator®
Lead Guide, Olsen Innovations, Inc.
Bill Olsen is a globally-ranked professional Facilitator and Trainer focused on delivering accelerated results through Creative Thinking and Creative Problem Solving. Whether facilitating offsites, strategic planning or team building, he has a reputation for delivering dynamic sessions, tangible outcomes and strong consensus. He integrates purpose, processes and participants into workshops that are creative and interactive, while also being practical. Okay, they’re fun! A frequent trainer, speaker and retreat leader, he has a passion for accelerating performance. Having supported clients in 21 countries and 33 US states, he serves those with a genuine need for meaningful change.
As a US Navy Commander, Bill transitioned from operating at Sea, to managing Programs. While leading a high-risk project in 1996 he trained in Creative Problem Solving (CPS). Applying creativity as a manager, his project achieved unparalleled success and was awarded the Nation’s “Silver Hammer Award for Reinventing Government”. His He began facilitating other high-risk Defense programs, accelerating them to early milestones and four more Silver Hammers. As a University professor he shared these skills in original Creative Change Management courses, which were formally recognized as “the most popular electives in the history of the University”.
Bill has since been a full-time consultant since 1999, accelerating results with clients, including:
- Corporations: P&G, Coca-Cola, Disney, Kellogg, Nokia, Anteon, PWC, MITRE, World Bank, Navy Federal C.U., Farm Credit, Cisco Sys., GHD-US, EMCOR, Caterpillar & more.
- Government: EPA, DOT, DHS, DOE, GSA, State, NIH, NOAA, FDA, FAA, NASA, OMB, VA, as well as Municipal gov’ts, Chambers of Commerce & the nat’l gov’t of Jamaica.
- Military: Major Programs in all services, incl. offices of Sec. of Defense, AF & Navy, incl. programs in DARPA, Warfare R&D, Medical, SBIR, Mine Countermeasures, Safety & IT.
- NFPOs: 60+ Global, National & Regional associations, non-profits & communities, major Health care/research, Social Service associations & public & private Academic Institutions
Some highlights of his experience & qualifications:
- Facilitation of a wide variety of complex technical, programmatic & political issues.
- Lead facilitator of national-level Summits & conferences, incl. facilitator teams.
- Lead facilitator of executive offsites, strategic Thinktanks & team-building retreats.
- Facilitator of Partnering projects involving multiple stakeholders & complex issues
- Lead trainer of courses in Facilitation, Creative Thinking & Creative Problem Solving
- Professionally Certified® in MBTI, KAI, NBI, WSP, CPS, EF, SP & 7 Levels of Change.
- Holds active US Defense Security Clearance & frequently supports classified programs.
Testimonials & Awards: “Accomplished more in 4 months than the previous 4 years” “Doubled our size” “Tripled our market share” “Achieved our 5 yr goals in 9 months” “Nailed our 3-yr milestone in just 7 months” “Reached our 25 yr Vision in 9 months” “I never knew Strategic Planning could be this much fun!” “Your passion & ability to transfer skills are exciting!” “The very best training I’ve ever experienced, ever” ”Valuable, insightful, practical, funny, entertaining, astounding experience!” “Nr. 1 of 16 presenters” “This was the first public Town Hall comment meeting I’ve ever seen go well… and it was Awesome!” Recipient of multiple association awards as best speaker/trainer, most-popular program and in creative leadership.
Bill is a Certified Professional Facilitator® (CPF), and a regular keynoter, emcee and presenter in conferences focused on Facilitation, Creativity and Education. He has served as an Advisor or Board member with many associations, and is consistently featured in the global www.FindAFacilitator.com database. Based in Washington DC, he provides his services globally.